I've been seeing an integrative neurologist to get a handle on my tension headaches. From all of her suggestions, this is what I find works for me personally:
- Magnesium (500 mgs at night before bed).
- Stress reduction meditations.
- White Willow.
- I reduced my caffeine intake (and that also helps with other issues).
- I also added Theanine from doing my own research, which seems to help.
- I use a device called "cranial cradle" that takes the pressure off my neck.
Check with your doctor to make sure there are no interactions with whatever you are taking now.
It is still a work in progress, but I have halved my tension headaches just changing these things. And it's early days, so I am hoping for a lot more pain relief as I am told it could take two months or six weeks for everything to have the best effects.
I am hoping to get back to work soon. These headaches have me in bed most days. And as you can imagine, this is not much of a life.
If you can think of anything to add, I will look forward to that.