The Best Free Migraine Meditations
Written and verified by Holly Hazen
Here are my top 8 favorite free migraine meditations for you to check out. These meditations are not specifically for migraine (like my course). But you may already know that meditation is proven to help reduce stress which could translate into reduced migraine attacks if stress is a trigger for you.
Plus, meditation calms the nervous system which is what we need to do on a more regular basis than those living without migraine.
Here is a list of my top 8 favorite places to find free meditations @migrainesavvy
You just need to experiment and find the particular method you like the best and use it. There are many popular types of meditation practice: guided, unguided, calming, insight, mindfulness, movement...
- Focused attention
- Body scan
- Progressive relaxation
- Loving kindness
- Skillful compassion
- Resting awareness
Here are some other forms of meditation that you may want to explore. (Note: It is best to learn the following techniques with an experienced or certified teacher to be most effective.)
- Zen meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Transcendental Meditation® (TM®)
- Yoga meditation
- Vipassana meditation
- Chakra meditation
- Qigong meditation
- Sound bath meditation
Did one or more of these methods speak to you? Be sure to choose the method that allows you to integrate the feelings and qualities you experience during your meditation practice - calm, compassion, mindfulness - into the rest of your day.
Meditation is one of my top migraine prevention tools. I use it regularly to relax and get away on a little mini holiday. It recharges my batteries and gives me more energy (calm energy) to face the days challenges.
My meditation course is available now, each meditation or energetic healing audio track has been specifically targeted for migraine reduction and prevention. Click on the link for more details:
My Top 8 Favorite Places To Find Free Migraine Meditations
Here are some of the best links to other free meditation and relaxation exercises:
- An audio guide to diaphragmatic breathing is on the migraine psychologist Dawn Buse, PhD website. Guided imagery and meditation tracks are also available for free.
- Guided imagery and guided meditation audio tracks on the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center (in English and Spanish)
- Free meditations, visualizations, relaxation, and yoga exercises on Do Yoga With Me.
- Buddhist Perspectives and Practices with Dr. Rick Hanson, Ph.D.
- UC San Diego Health
- Tara Brach, Ph.D. guided meditations
- Montefiore Medical Center Relaxation Audio Tracks in English, Spanish and Arabic or they also have a hotline. "Enjoy a moment of relaxation also by calling Montefiore’s Relaxation Hotline at 718-920-CALM (2256). The hotline is available 24 hours a day, offering a choice of gentle music and guided relaxation tracks in English and Spanish."
- Headspace Meditation App
I hope you enjoy using this list of free migraine meditations for all the added health benefits and that you have great success preventing and reducing your attacks.
Until next time, be well and be pain free.
WANT MORE TIPS? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Our Free Guide Gives You 5 Tools For Every Day Migraine Prevention
Holly Hazen is the creator of Migraine Savvy. Her guidance is guaranteed to give you more confidence in your ability to prepare for that next attack and recover faster. Learning resilience and coping skills now will pay off forever!
If you like this article, please share it on your favorite social channels...
MIGRAINE MEDITATIONS Related Articles
How to be more migraine savvy right now...