These dinner recipes for migraine sufferers, make my life easier.
The lasagne can be frozen or eaten as leftovers. But best to freeze so we don't increase and things that might trigger an attack.
And this stuffed chicken recipe, well ... you just have to try it.
Always avoid your food triggers. These recipes for migraine are as safe as I can make them. No packaged things with MSG, no chocolate or sugar, no gluten ... maybe a little dairy. You can substitute Bio-cheese made from coconut oil for a non-dairy alternative.
Here are more safe recipes for migraine sufferers.
Serves 4 - 6
Preparation time 30+ minutes
Cooking time 70 minutes
Fry these ingredients (sliced thinly):
Once soft, add:
Mix in a bowl, keep it all cold:
1 – 250 gm cottage cheese or ricotta (your preference is better)
Other ½ fresh bunch of basil
2 garlic cloves
Layer with gluten free pasta sauce (approx ½ cup each layer)
Top with ½ package of shredded Pizza cheeses (American and or farmers with mozzarella)
1. Get instant gluten free lasagne noodles
2. Put ½ cup of sauce on bottom of 30 x 30cm square Pyrex or glass pan with 6 cm sides (you can just use more noodles for a bigger pan). Make sure you have high sides to keep all the yumminess in.
3. Put 3 noodles down then a layer of veggies
4. And on top layer ½ the sauce
5. Put 3 noodles down then a layer of veggies
6. Again top with a layer of ½ the sauce
7. Put 3 noodles down and top with cottage cheese mixture
8. Top with lots of shredded cheese.
Cook in oven for 45 minutes covered with tin foil at 200°C.
Remove foil and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese golden brown.
Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes before eating.
Hide the rest!
I put a cookie tray underneath my lasagne pan to catch the over flow.
For a different kind of twist you can use very thinly sliced zucchini instead of the gluten free lasagne sheets. Use a little rice, potato or tapioca flour to soak up the moisture from the zucchini. It is great in a crunch when you don’t have the pasta.
To reduce the dairy, you can make a cheese sauce using half the cheese with rice milk, butter and the flours mentioned above. And substitute thinly sliced pumpkin where the cottage cheese should be. It’s not the same without cheese. But if you are dairy free it’s worth it.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
For the chicken:
For the Mashed:
1. Combine tomato and rosemary in small bowl.
2. Using small sharp knife slit a pocket in one side of each chicken fillet, taking care not to cut all the way through. Divide tomato mixture and cheese among pockets; secure openings with toothpicks.
3. Cook chicken on lightly oiled grilled plate (grill or barbeque) until browned both sides and cooked through; cover and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain.
5. Mash potato in large bowl with garlic, milk and creamed cheese; fold in corn, serve chicken with mash.
• If sun-dried tomatoes are too dry, soak in hot water and drain before mixing with rosemary.
• You can substitute the corn with 125g or wilted baby spinach leaves
• Serve with a crisp mixed-leaf salad dressed with a splash of vinaigrette suits this main course perfectly.
Food & Recipes
Dinner Recipes For Migraine Sufferers