Migraine Self CareTips
When I first got migraines, I hated my body. I hated that it betrayed me. But now after so many years of having migraines and I know it needs me to take better care of it. Now, I prefer to be kind and gentle to my body. Especially around this time of year when stress levels are a bit higher.
Here are my tips:
• Be your own best friend and be patient with yourself.
• Listen to your body and value it for what it can and cannot do at that time.
• Take action when you get your first migraine signal. Remind yourself that this is a sign of kindness. Errands can wait.
• Maintain an attitude of loving kindness and compassion for your body.
• Listen to some relaxing CD’s or guided meditations.
• Breathe warmth and relaxation into your hands and feet if they are cold.
• Don't drink too much alcohol. Hangovers trigger migraines for me.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Holiday Stress Busting Tips.